We are searching for a Head Chef who is able to manage our multi-faceted business: this includes lunch with rotating menu, private/public events and a weekend brunch.
The position is suited for a chef with a high level of creativity and ideas in menu development and structuring, as well as ability to lead a team.
Key Skills and Responsibilities include:
- Seasonal menu development
- Overseeing daily operation of kitchen
- Adept at sourcing quality ingredients while staying on budget
- Familiarity with seasonal/ regional produce
- Leading and training kitchen team, as well as undertaking feedback discussions with staff
- Upkeep of hygiene standards and stock control
- Can taste in a critical way
- Maintaining consistency and quality of food
The Ideal Candidate:
- An enthusiasm for developing seasonal menus
- Creative thinker, willing to challenge himself/herself
- Focused on the highest level of culinary execution through practiced skills
- Ability to work with, manage and develop skills within a team.
- Two years professional experience, including team leadership, is required
- Experience with catering and private parties up to 120 persons
- Professional and calm comportment in the kitchen
- Availability on nights and weekends a must.
- Given our varying schedule of events, flexibility is essential
- Ability to work in the EU necessary.
- Official certification to work in a restaurant kitchen (‘Rote Karte’).
- Kitchen is primarily English-speaking, but bilingual German/English preferred.
- Start date immediate to end of Summer 2017
If you would like to be part of our team, please write to email@example.com in German or English with a CV, short cover letter and wage expectations with the subject line HEAD CHEF APPLICATION.