Hallesches Haus is searching for an Experienced Freelance Cook for our lunchroom and events.
We are looking for a chef who is able to assist with our prep and service schedule of private parties and events, as well as daily lunch service.This is a perfect position for someone who is looking for a flexible work schedule, as working hours could vary from week to week and month to month.(Average week schedule is expected to be 2-3 shifts.) Room for growth and possibility to expand into part-time contract with higher level of responsibility for the right candidate.
- The ideal candidate will be focused on the highest level of culinary execution through practiced skills, constant tasting, and an eagerness to learn.
- Two years professional cafe or restaurant experience is essential
- Knife & technical skills and a good sense of urgency
- Experience with catering and private parties a plus
- Comfortable with cooking different styles of cuisine
- Can taste in a critical way
Skills and personality
- You enjoy working as part of a team and can take direction from head chef well
- good organization and cleanliness
- strong attention to detail
- good judgement and initiative
- ability to work in a fast paced environment
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org in English or German with cv, short cover letter and wage expectations.Use the subject line: COOK application
- Availability to work weekends a must.
- Ability to work in the EU necessary.
- Official certification to work in a restaurant kitchen (‘Rote Karte’).
- Primarily English-speaking kitchen, but bilingual German/English is a plus